Just to share the fun, I thought I would give you some of the highlights:
- Did you know that the playground has way more bacteria than a public bathroom? Makes sense since at least the public bathroom does get cleaned but the playground never does.
- And the sandbox? Well, guess squirrels and birds amongst other outdoor animals use that as their public bathroom.
- Apparently water fountains are dirtier than a public toilet seat - so even if your kids don't put their mouth on it, the water still passes by the opening of the fountain (even if you let the water run for a few seconds first).
- Grocery carts are also a germ fest - think about the person who touches the raw meat package that may be dripping on the bottom... well, hands are going back on the handles to push the cart. Yuck.
- How about this one - the keyboard and mouse on school computers - they're dirtier than a door knob! They supposedly never get cleaned.
- And just a few more before I completely gross you out... public high chairs (they may get wiped, but probably not sanitized), elevator buttons, phones, your kitchen sink, wet laundry (what??? who knew), ATM machines and the remote control. I think I'll stop there or we're all going to end up with some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder!